Search This Blog


It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joys.
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Sunday 27 July 2008

Too Many Other Things To Do...

If I sit and make a list of things I want to get on with (now that I don't have to study so much) it takes me as long to write and sort the list out as to do any of the items on it!
Still trying to find that glint of inspiration that I think anyone who writes struggles with and the more I learn about screenplay writing, the more I think the novel is a better idea, but then the more I learn about writing the novel, the easier the screenplay becomes!
Then there's the garden - still got two more gardens to sort out - the back one is fairly self sufficient with a little TLC, the side needs a full re-dig after the Tulips have spent another year in there and the Lillies just didnt perform to my standards. The front, just needs TLC but I am trying to avoid going the garden centre, because I tend to spend hours there and bring half of it back with me - and I have run out of room!
The cross-stitch still needs attention - been saying that since 2003
The drumming - is going well but like anything , you get what you put in!
The decorating - that gets shelved until winter anyhoo - some jobs are just made for indoors and summertime aint the time!

And now it's Sunday - the last weekend before I start my new job on 4th August so by rights I should be doing all the jobs that I dont want to do next weekend ie) sorting wardrobe, cleaning house to within an inch of its life, ironing, gardening, paperwork etc etc, but , as it stands I am sitting here watching 'Something For the Weekend' blogging, marmalade on toast, tea and the guilt that if I can sit and type this, I can damn well sit and write some more of the book/screenplay!!

No comments: